Quantas series lasers are compact, fully air-cooled (no water), Q-switched lasers designed for wide range of applications that require low pulse repetition rate and high peak power pulses (Q1D model produces ~5 MW peak power). Due good thermal properties of Nd:YAG crystal Q1-1064 can operate at higher pulse repetition rates in comparison to Q1-1053. Laser delivers up to 30 mJ at 20 Hz repetition rate or up to 10 mJ at 50 Hz repetition rate. Typical applications are Light Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), Light Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy (LIF), laser ablation, remote sensing and many others. Less than 8 ns pulse duration allows efficient fundamental wavelength conversion to higher harmonics with shortest wavelength available of 213 nm. Wavelength extensions into infrared range, by use of OPO, are available by request. Quantas is completely air cooled laser due its excellent wall-plug efficiency. Liquids are not used for heat transfer, as result, maintenance associated with regular replacements of cooling liquid and/or cleaning of cooling system is not required. Low jitter triggering pulses for user equipment are available with up to 300 µs (YAG models) or 450 µs (YLF models) lead in internal triggering mode. If required, laser pulsing can be externally triggered from delay generator, allowing operation in single-shot or variable pulse repetition modes. Laser controller has standard Ethernet (Wifi is optional) interface for convenient monitoring and control from personal computer.
- Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- LCD repair
- Time-of-Flight Spectroscopy (TOFS)
- Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF) Spectroscopy
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization (MALDI)
- Remote sensing
- Laser ablation
|Wavelength||1064 nm 2)|
|Pulse energy 3)|
|Fundamental||10 mJ||18/16 mJ||32/30 mJ|
|532 nm||5 mJ||9/8 mJ||16/15 mJ|
|355 nm||3 mJ||5.5/5 mJ||9.5/9 mJ|
|266 nm||1.5 mJ||3/2.5 mJ||5/4 mJ|
|213 nm||0.5 mJ||1.2/1 mJ||2/1.6 mJ|
|Pulse repetition rate 4)|
|Max||10, 20 or 50 Hz||10 or 20 Hz||10 or 20 Hz|
|Pulse duration||< 8 ns 5)|
|Pulse-to-pulse energy stability||< 0.5 % rms 6)|
|Power drift||± 3% 7)|
|Beam profile||Nearly TEM00||Bell-shaped, >75 % fit to Gaussian|
|Beam divergence 8)||< 2 mrad||< 1.5 mrad|
|Beam diameter 9)||1.5 mm||2 mm||2.5 mm|
|Polarization||Linear, horizontal at 1064 nm|
|Optical jitter||< 1 ns rms 10)|
|Laser head (W x L x H)||113 × 230 × 112 mm3|
|Harmonics generator (W x L x H)||113 × 242 × 112 mm3|
|Controller unit (W x L x H)||85 × 165 × 50 mm3|
|Power adapter (W x L x H)||50 × 125 × 32 mm3|
|Operation environment||15-30°C, 10-80% humidity (non-condensing), 90-230 VAC, 30 W, 47-63 Hz 11)|
1) The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and might vary unit-to-unit. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1064 nm at max pulse repetition rate.
2) 1053 nm output wavelength models are available. For detailed specifications please check here.
3) First number is for 10 Hz, second – for 20 Hz pulse repetition rate.
4) Factory-set pulse repetition rate is fixed at max repetition rate. Single-shot or variable pulse repetition rate is possible when laser is externally triggered. Please inquire for higher rep. rates.
5) FWHM at 1064 nm. Shorter pulse durations are available by request.
6) Averaged from 500 pulses.
7) Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
8) Full angle measured at 1/e2 level.
9) Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at 1/e2 level.
10) In respect to Q-switch triggering pulse.
11) Laser can be powered from appropriate 12 VDC power source. Please inquire for details.