Q-TUNE is single housing tunable wavelength laser. It employs Optical Parametric Oscillator (OPO) to produce tunable wavelength in 410-2300 nm range with linewidth narrower that 6 cm-1. Optional second harmonic generator extends tuning range to 210-410 nm with linewidth narrower that 12 cm-1.
Combined with shorter than 5 ns pulse duration and up to 100 Hz pulse repetition rate Q-TUNE is perfect coherent light source for temporally resolved spectroscopy, metrology, photo-acoustic imaging, remote sensing.
The heart of any laser system is master oscillator. QLI breakthrough water-free laser crystal pumping technology allows to produce high quality laser beam with up to 100 mJ pulse energy at 1053 or 1064 nm. Less than 7 ns pulse duration produced by pump laser is one more advantage, facilitating operation of OPO, which requires high peak power pulses for reliable operation.
Advanced laser design resulted in compact, user-friendly turnkey system that requires little maintenance. There is no chillers or bulky power supplies that one needs fit under the table. All laser electronics is integrated into housing of the Q-TUNE and the only external module is mains adapter that provides 12 or 27 VDC, 50-150 W power (depending on model).
Q-TUNE can be configured with different our pump lasers for optimal match to your application. If maximum pulse energy is required, Q-TUNE can be configured for 5 mJ output @ 450 nm at 10 Hz pulse repetition rate. When maximum repetition rate is needed, Q-TUNE can be configured for 100 Hz operation with 1 mJ @ 450 nm pulse energy.
Both pump laser and OPO are controlled trough single Ethernet port via build-in web-server. There is no need to install control software – any computer or even cell phone with modern web-browser will be able to control Q-TUNE. API is also provided for integration with user devices.
In addition to tunable wavelength output, the Q-TUNE provides two extra ports for access to pump laser beams. Fundamental or second harmonic output is available simultaneously with OPO (please inquire for detailed specs).
Output port re-configuration is fully automatic and is done from PC.
Optional extensions available by request:
- Compact spectrometer for monitoring of OPO wavelength and linewidth.
- Fiber coupled OPO output.
- Temporally resolved laser spectroscopy (for example, Light Induced Fluorescence Spectroscopy (LIFS))
- Photo-acoustics imaging.
- Remote sensing.
- Non-linear laser spectroscopy.
- Flash Photolysis.
|Wavelength range, nm 2)||410 – 2300 nm|
|Pulse repetition rate 3)||10 Hz||10 Hz||100 Hz|
|Pulse energy 4)||>1 mJ||>5 mJ||>1 mJ|
|Pulse duration 5)||< 5 ns|
|Pulse-to-pulse stability 6)||< 4.5 % RMS|
|Power drift 7)||± 3.0 %|
|Polarization||horizontal in signal range
vertical in idler range
|Typical beam diameter 8)||3 mm||5 mm||3 mm|
|Typical beam divergence 9)||< 3 mrad||< 5 mrad||< 3 mrad|
|Jitter 10)||< 0.5 ns RMS|
|Pump laser outputs 11)|
|Max pulse energy at 12)|
|Fundamental||15 mJ||50 mJ||15 mJ|
|2nd harmonic||7 mJ||20 mJ||7 mJ|
|3rd harmonic||5 mJ||20 mJ||5 mJ|
|Laser head ( W×L×H)||390× 620 × 135 mm3|
|Power adapter (W×L×H) 13)||80 x 200 x 60 mm (for+27 VDC output)|
|Cooling requirements||Air cooled (water-free)|
|Ambient temperature||15 – 25 ºC|
|Relative humidity (non-condensing)||10 – 80 %|
|Mains voltage||90-230 VAC, single phase, 47-63 Hz 13)|
|Average power consumption||< 50 W||< 100 W||< 150 W|
- Due to continuous improvements all specifications are subject to change. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 450 nm and max pulse repetition rate. The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture
- Extension down to 210 nm is available with optional second harmonic generator.
- Factory-set pulse repetition rate in internal triggering mode. Pulse repetition rate can be divided-down to 1 Hz.
- Measured at 450 nm output. See tuning curves for pulse energies at other wavelengths.
- FWHM level at 1064 nm, measured with 350 ps rise time photodiode.
- Measured during 30 seconds operation after warm-up.
- Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up, when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C. Power value is calculated every 1 second.
- Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at the 4σ level.
- Full angle measured at the 4σ level.
- In respect to falling edge of pump diode triggering pulse.
- Laser pulse energy is optimized for OPO pumping and may differ from stand-alone laser specifications.
- Outputs can be configured for simultaneous or non-simultaneous with OPO operation. Values indicated here are for non-simultaneous operation.
- Power adapter size depends of model.
- Laser can be powered from appropriate 12 or 27 VDC power source, depending on model. Please inquire for details.