Quantum Light Instruments Ltd. innovative water-free laser crystal cooling technology enables generation of high quality laser beam with up to 100 mJ pulse energy and/or up to 4 W average output power.
Q2HE series sets new standard in Q-switched laser market. Advanced laser design resulted in compact, user-friendly turnkey system that requires little maintenance. There is no chillers or bulky power supplies that one needs fit under the table. Most of laser electronics is integrated into housing of the Q2HE and the only external modules are compact controller box and mains adapter that provides 27 VDC, 50-150 W power (depending on model).
Less than 7 ns pulse duration and low divergence of the beam enables efficient fundamental wavelength conversion to higher harmonics with shortest wavelength available of 211 nm.
Low jitter triggering pulses for user equipment are available in internal triggering mode. If required, laser pulsing can be externally triggered from delay generator.
Laser is controlled trough Ethernet port via build-in web-server. There is no need to install control software – any computer or even cell phone with modern web-browser installed will be able to control Q2HE. API is provided for integration with user devices.
Laser functionality can be further extended by wide range of auxiliary equipment:
- Second harmonic output can be produced from our attachable 2nd harmonic generator, model SHG.
- Up to fifth harmonic output can be produced from our stand-alone H-SMART series harmonic generators.
- Pulse energy can be adjusted with our motorized attenuator for fundamental wavelength beam.
- Pulse energy can be monitored by our attachable pulse energy monitor with analog and/or digital output.
|Wavelength||1064 nm||1053 nm|
|Pulse repetition rate 2)||20 Hz||50 Hz||100 Hz||20 Hz||50Hz||10 Hz||20 Hz|
|Pulse energy||40 mJ||70 mJ||100 mJ|
|Typical pulse duration 3)||< 7 ns||< 6 ns|
|Pulse to pulse energy stability||<0.5 % RMS 4)|
|Power drift||± 3.0 % 5)|
|Beam profile||Bell-shaped, >75 % fit to Gaussian|
|Beam divergence 6)||< 1 mrad|
|Typical beam diameter 7)||3.0 mm||4.0 mm||5.0 mm|
|Jitter||< 0.5 ns RMS8)|
|Optional harmonics generator 9)|
|Pulse energy, mJ|
|526.5/532 nm||20 mJ||35 mJ||50 mJ|
|351/355 nm||12 mJ||20 mJ||30 mJ|
|263/266 nm||5 mJ||10 mJ||15 mJ|
|211/213 nm||1.5 mJ||3 mJ||6 mJ|
|Optional attenuator 10)|
|Transmission range||1% – 95 %|
|Laser head, (W×L×H)||190 × 408 × 55 mm3|
|Controller unit, (W×L×H)||108× 191 × 59 mm3|
|Power adapter, (W×L×H)||192 × 178 × 46 mm3 typical|
|Cooling requirements||Air cooled|
|Ambient temperature||15 – 30 ºC||15 – 27 ºC|
|Relative humidity||10 – 80 % (non-condensing)|
|Mains voltage||90-230 VAC, single phase, 47-63 Hz. 11)|
|Average power consumption||50 W||100 W||150 W||80 W||150 W||70W||120W|
- Due to continuous improvements all specifications are subject to change. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at fundamental wavelength and maximum pulse repetition rate. The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture.
- Factory-set pulse repetition rate is fixed at max repetition rate shown in the table. Pulse repetition rate up to 200 Hz are available by request.
- At FWHM level at 1064 nm, measured with 350 ps rise time photodiode.
- Measured during 30 seconds operation after warm-up.
- Over 8 hour period after 20 minutes of warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
- Full angle measured at the 1/e2level.
- Beam diameter is measured 20 cm from laser output at the 4σ level.
- In respect to falling edge of pump diode triggering pulse.
- Q2HE is compatible with our attachable second harmonic generator and all models of stand-alone H-SMART harmonics generator. Pulse energies presented here are maximum values. Please refer to harmonic generator datasheets for detailed specifications.
- Motorized attenuator intended to be attached to the laser housing. Transmission can be changed remotely trough laser web-server control interface.
- Laser can be powered from appropriate 27 VDC power source. Please inquire for details.